Healthier Minds Festival
- Date: Thursday 5 May
- Time: 10am – 5pm
- Location: Telford Cultural and Leisure Centre, 40 High Street, Hadley, Telford, TF1 5NG
Learn about health and wellbeing and share your thoughts on feeling emotionally well. Celebrate cultures and enjoy a free vegetarian lunch.cultures and enjoy a free vegetarian lunch.
Dowiedz się o zdrowiu i dobrym samopoczuciu i podziel się swoimi przemyśleniami na temat dobrego samopoczucia emocjonalnego. Świętuj kulturę i delektuj się wegetariańskim obiadem.
The NHS in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin is inviting people from different ethnic communities living locally to come together to find out what services, community groups and activities are available to them in the area to encourage and enable healthier minds.
Community leaders, NHS teams and stallholders from a wide range of voluntary community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations and groups will be on-hand to meet the communities they serve. They will also discuss with community members what is working well and also find out reasons why community members might not be coming forward and making contact with services.
We want to find out:
- Whether communities know what services and support is out there locally for them and where they can go for help relating to their emotional wellbeing.
- How we can improve the support that is currently available.
For those of you who attend, this is your chance to shape and improve local services for the future.
This event will be run as an informal, market stall style event to encourage lots of discussion, networking and a chance to forge supportive, local connections.
As part of the day, there will be:
- A free, vegetarian lunch served for those who attend.
- Representatives from a range of organisations from the voluntary community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector
- NHS teams including colleagues from Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which provides physical and mental health, learning disability and adult social care services locally.
- A variety of demonstrations
Please note – the Healthier Minds Festival will form the beginning of a roadshow set of events, where following on from this we will be asking community groups to get in contact with us, so that we can visit people in their familiar and trusted community spaces.
For those of you who might not have been to Telford Cultural Centre before, it’s a large community centre, with space to accommodate a maximum of 800 people, so there will be plenty of room to allow for social distancing.