About the course
You will explore and develop the theoretical evidence-based knowledge and clinical skills required to identify and manage common ear problems which may help reduce unnecessary referrals to secondary care.
- Anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Management of common ear problems and promotion of safe and effective personal ear care
- Identification of clinical conditions affecting the ear and its management
- Health conditions that may have an indirect effect on the function or presentation of the ear
- Practise the clinical skill of Otoscopy
- Practise safe and effective ear wax removal using instrumentation and irrigation
- Legal and professional requirements relating to ear care
NMC registered Nurses and also Health Care Assistants who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver safe and effective ear care. This course is also suitable for those who attended ear care training more than 3 years ago.